The Perfect Apology Site Map
Below you'll find a listing of all our articles and the main sections of the website.
For a list of apologies and ideas posted by our readers and what's worked for them when they've had to say sorry, visit this page of apologies.
How to Apologize
This section teaches you about apologies and how they work in order to be effective mea culpas. Get inspired through ideas and examples on how to effectively say I’m sorry. And, you'll learn how to tailor an apology to your situation to improve your chances of success.
Ways to Apologize
Here you'll learn how to use poems, quotes, cards, and gifts to make your apologies extra special and hopefully be forgiven every time. This is a section of resources and ideas to help you make things right again.
Regret and Remorse
This section looks at the surrounding emotions often associated with apologizing and saying you're sorry.
This section shows you how to tailor the perfect business apology to customers, associates, and partners through business letters and verbal communication. Read article reviews, see examples, and learn when and how to craft the perfect mea culpa for your business.
- Business Apology Overview
- Business Apologies 101
- Formal Apologies
- Business Apologies and Timing
- Customer Loyalty and Apologies
- Customer Retention Programs and Apologies
- Customer Complaint Procedures
- An Apology and Example of Good Customer Service
- Sample Apology Letter from JetBlue to Customers
- Proactive Business Apology Letter
- Analysis of a Business Apology Letter
- Perfect Business Apologies Reconsidered
- Corporate Apologies Q & A
- Business Apology Survey: A Survey Taken By Our Readers
Business Apology Letters
This section covers best practices for business apologies in general and includes samples and templates of the more common apology letters found in the workplace.
- Business Apology Letters Overview
- Apology Letter for Bad Service
- Apology Letter to a Boss
- Formal Apology Letter
- Apology Letter for a Mistake or Error
- Customer Apology Letter
- Sample Business Apology Letter for Defective Goods
- A Sample Apology Letter to a Patient
- A Sample Apology Letter for a Delay
- Sample Business Apology Letter for Late Payment
- Customer Service Apology Letter
It seems that everyday someone else is publicly apologizing for something. Here you'll find the latest in notable public apologies (both business and personal) along with reviews and commentaries in some cases.
- Public Apologies
- Public Apologies: 2006, The Year the Pope Apologized
- The Political Apology and John Kerry
- Political Apologies and American Democracy
- Bill Clinton's Apologies Post Monica Lewinsky
- An Interview on Apologies in the Media
- David Neeleman and the Perfect JetBlue Apology
- Where are the Duke University Apologies?
- Imussed Up: Anatomy of Don Imus' Failed Apology
- The Perfect Terrible Apology: MSNBC and David Shuster
- Q & A with TheStreet.com on Corporate Apologies
- The Tracy Morgan Apology
- The Chris Brown Apology
- The Mel Gibson Apology
- The Christian Bale Apology
- The John Mayer Apology
- The David Letterman Apology
- A DUI Apology Letter to a Judge or Employer
This section looks at the implications of apologizing for medical errors and "I'm Sorry" laws. It includes research and commentary from the medical community and other interested parties.
This section cites and reviews some of the research that has been compiled by psychologists, sociologists, and public relations experts on apologizing and saying sorry. We also add in our two cents on what readers should (and should not) take away from the research on some of the mea culpas.
- Apology Research Overview
- Perfect Apology Business Cases
- The High Value of a Perfect Business Apology
- Customer Service Case Study: Disney
- Half an Apology is Worse than No Apology at All
- 10 Not-So-Effective Business Apologies
- Air Apology: Lessons in Customer Advocacy
- How often do you Apologize?
- BP Oil Spill Apology Review
- Toyota Apology Case Study
- Fukushima Nuclear Plant: TEPCO Apology
- The Domino's Pizza Apology
If you want to know more about us or contact us, or see what else we offer, then this is the section for you.